Wow, I had a first today. I threw away a pattern. It was Vogue 1056, a Tom and Linda Platt pattern, with a front draped detail. I had altered the saddle shoulder seam on the pattern -- I do not have the nice broad shoulders you see on the model, but instead sport narrow, sloped shoulders (so often seen on my body type). I altered the fit through the bust and shortened it to a tunic length with a side drape. After sewing it up in a nasty cheap poly knit (it felt like scratchy cheap nylons), the fit was overall fine, except the drape detail was "off". I think it was badly drafted by Vogue.
There was nothing redeeming about the pattern, so I tossed it into the recycling. Luckily I only spent $4 on the pattern and the fabric was $1 per yard. After using the top to clean the floor, it, too, was tossed. I don't have any photos. I tried to take some but I was home alone and unable to master the complexities. (And I no longer have a dress form.)
The quest for a flattering interlocking draped top continues. (Though, to be honest, it's not a very active quest.)
I had to console myself by "harvesting" the selvedge off a rayon gabardine fabric.
I just love a good selvedge. :)
Report from the sewing doldrums
28 minutes ago