- A daily commute to a clock tower, where I and a dozen others were closeted, creating three certification exams.
- The fun of choosing clothing to wear to work, as opposed to choosing attire for sitting on the sofa and maybe walking to the post office, or the coffee shop.
- Getting up at 6am, leaving the house at 6:45, and returning somewhere between 7 and 9:30pm.
- Sore feet, unused to wearing the same pair of shoes for 12 hours straight. Yes, even comfortable shoes.
- Spending $160 on gas.
- The delight of having catered, delicious meals: breakfast, lunch, snack and, on one evening, dinner. Plus endless supplies of coffee, sodas, and OJ. (My favorite day was Indian lunch day. Mmmmmmm.)
- The mental exhaustion of non-stop intense concentration.
- The exciting news, on the second day, that I've gotten a promotion.
- Not one second of sewing. Barely even thought about it.
It was fun, it was challenging, and thank goodness it is over!!! I like being with people, but am ready for some alone time!
In order to avoid traffic this afternoon, after work I checked out a mall near work and a couple boutiques. The boutiques are more interesting and much more dangerous. :)
Here it is Friday night and my feet are still up. I have no idea what I will do this weekend. I may do a certain amount of finding myself standing still, staring into space, and wondering, "what next?"
Yup, that feels about right. :)