Over the last year I've sewn clothing for myself. A lot of new clothes. But how would I summarize the last year, sewing-wise?
- I have been developing a stable of TNT (Tried 'N True) patterns. Probably my favorite top is the Sewing Workshop Teagarden T, which I have made 4 or 5 times. My favorite pants are most anything
by Marcy Tilton - I've made about 5 pair using three of her patterns. I also love the Sewing Workshop Trio, which I have made twice, but I often migrate the crotch curve from the Trio to other patterns. My favorite skirt is probably the Sandra Betzina skirt I have now made about 5 times.
Teagarden T with Trio pants.
Marcy Tilton pants - Vogue 8397, view A. The top is another Teagarden T.
Sandra Betzina skirt - Vogue 1018 (recently OOP)
- I have dusted off my drafting skills.
- I've gotten better at figuring out what flatters my body. This is from early in the year:
Quel Tragique! Funky and Frumpy!
- I've also gotten better at modeling/composing a photo. (Though it still may be the hardest part of the entire sewing process... :) ) These are also from early in the year:
<cringe> I so hope these tops look better in person! ;)
- I have built a stash. (Uh oh.)
- I've had fun with the French Au Bonheur patterns! (In fact, last night I translated another pattern that you may be seeing soon.)
- I've played with new techniques.
- I've written 124 blog posts (this one makes 125).
- I now have 130 of the greatest blog followers ever. Thanks to each of you for reading and giving me feedback. I really appreciate all of you!
So, what's planned for next year? Well...
- More jackets and coats!
- More tops! With my figure, good tops are a particular challenge.
- More pattern drafting.
- More new techniques. I have some ideas, including one that uses Texture Magic.
- Jeans! (I have to really buckle down!)
- More wonderful funkiness, but it has to be funkiness that flatters my figure. :)
Yesterday, I took my teen aged daughters to the beauty college for back-to-school haircuts/coloring. I got one too, just in time for Self-Stitched-September. Cuts for three and hair coloring for one came to $130 - such a deal! (Especially since I had DD1 pay for her red tresses.)