Thursday, February 16, 2012

Didya Miss Me?

Cause, SHOOT, I missed you!

My Mac laptop died on Sunday evening, following a routine update. Motherboard - fried. Cable from motherboard to hard drive - fused connector. It's been in for repairs until today (Thursday).

Those lovely Apple folks covered the $600 repair, even though my Macbook is two years out of warranty... Because it happened during the update.

I love Apple service. My laptop is so much faster - I wonder if the new processor is a faster one.

Shoot, it's hard to do much on an iPhone, other than send emails. Though I did manage to navigate two teeny tiny websites and to order three pieces of fabrics, two on sale (which ended yesterday).

By Wednesday, I was starting to get pretty twitchy with no decent computer/internet access. ;)

I will be posting a review soon. I have hundreds of unread emails, yes over 600. I am behind on everything, especially WORK.

Happy Friday!

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I did miss you. I looked for you here, on PR and elsewhere. No shams...where could she be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back up and running...wondered where you were because it's not like you to be sooooooo quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think someone was on your side with this one. Hey, that gives you $600.00 extra to spend on fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe. Thanks, Carolyn and Rhonda!

    It sure isn't like me to be so quiet. ;) Rhonda, I see my broken computer coincided with your illness. Strange coinky-dink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice of Apple to cover the repair! Both my motherboard and hard drive died. Blah. It was not during the update, but after. Hmmm. However, the drive was on it's last leg for a while. I am patiently waiting to buy a new one, and selling off parts on the old MacBook Pro. So hard to justify a new MacBook when I have a perfectly fine PC notebook to use, capice? Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - you were missed! Even though I've not been posting (or sewing) myself, there are a few blogs I always check on....... ;-D

    Apple rocks! (mostly....I trust that they are doing the "right thing" with the latest FoxxCon fiasco) I'm way out of warranty myself....maybe I should try an upgrade....hmmmmm.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Apple should lead on the FoxxCon issue.

      Delete
  7. It must have been the weekend for computer issues! My ancient MacBook Pro's screen died on Friday. After 6 years, I guess it was time. We'd been thinking about a new one so we bought a new Air this weekend! Sweet!!

    I'm glad your story worked out well--how nice Apple came through for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, you're back! Are you cross-eyed from trying to do all your computer stuff on your iPhone? So glad your laptop is fixed at a GOOD price to you....
    Get caught up on work, then on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well, I just posted the blog post. I was eager to get that out the door.

      And now, back to work...

      Delete
  9. Yes, I missed you! Glad you're back. You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete