I just learned I have made it to round 2 of the voting for the Craftsy Blogger Award for best sewing blog! I threw the button on my blog a week or so ago but I didn't mention it, so I am grateful to those of you who voted!
The other three blogs in my category are totally new to me, but they look interesting!
Round 2 of voting has begun. Please consider voting! (You can click the badge above or on the right to vote.)
Let me update you a bit on the Vintage Challenge.
- As I mentioned on Saturday, last week I made 4 muslins to perfect the fit.
- I bought fashion fabric.
- I cut into the fashion fabric.
- I mostly completed the garment over the weekend.
- It was ATROCIOUS. (A failure due to choice of fabric AND pattern changes.)
- I thought about plan B.
- I bought more fabric.
- I machine washed and dried the fabric.
- I realized that the new fabric would NOT work.
- I combed through my stash.
- I found another fabric that I think will work. (I hope.)
- I cut some of the pattern and started sewing.
That's where I am now. The garment is partially cut out and partially sewn.
I've been stress eating.
Lots has been going on in my work life and personal life, causing me some stress. In fact, so much so that it's been hard to fully focus on the sewing competition, but I will be buckling down!