Saturday, March 1, 2014

Puyallup 2014 - WhirlWind Tour


It's 1:30am and I just returned from my one day at Sew Expo in Puyallup. I woke up at 2am (insomnia) and left the house at 4:30am, so it's been a looong day.

I just wanted to check in. I asked folks to say "hello" and so many of you did! It was great to meet everyone!

Luckily, I spent so much time chatting, meeting and greeting, and watching fashion shows, that I didn't leave all of my money there.

But I seemed to misplace most of it at Marcy's booth. ;)

While the Expo was crazy busy and crowded (and, therefore, not everyone's cup of tea), I really liked the show. I only got a taste of it, but I can't see how anyone can return from that event and not want to run full tilt at her sewing machine.

Which is what I plan to do this weekend.

I will absorb the experience and produce a post for you in the next week or so (with photos), but it was a great trip.

And I cannot tell a lie.

I ate the strawberry shortcake.

But... it was peer pressure...

You can't see the three other folks at the table. All from Vogue (yeah, I know it's McCalls), each with a matching treat.

13 comments:

  1. Good to hear you got home safe. Enjoy your weekend at the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous, one day I'll make it to a Sewing Expo in a warm looking location where the shrubs (or is that a vine?) are not covered with heaps of snow.

    I can't wait to hear all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I asked folks to say "hello" and so many of you did! It was great to meet everyone!" really that sounds like the most fun! And what an amazing change from even ten years ago, so many people know each other now thru the web.

    heehee, i have a dream.....that this year i can parlay my husband's love of Diane Ericson's designs into a trip to Ashland and the ArtBarn. My husband is not into sewing really much at all, however he loves loves loves visiting artists in their studios, esp ladies, and can talk to them just about forever. I think he would truly get a kick out of it!

    and much better chance than getting to an Expo. Hope you get lots of sewing and also some sleep - maybe the rain will help! take care, steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I missed you Shams, but glad you had a grand time. I too did most of my damage at Marcy's booth. Those Japanese cottons! SWOON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home Shams! I'm looking forward to the whole story! Good job on that strawberry shortcake! When the Puyallup Fair comes around in the fall, the scone (shortcake) booth (all kinds of berries available too, the classic is blackberry jam/no whip as far as I'm concerned!) is a huge draw. You just got a jump start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home! I'll be awaiting your report when you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A REALLY long day!!! but what fun! Looking forward to the "rest of the story."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was at Marcy and Katherine's fashion show but did not see you, I wish I had. The show was great, I spent a little money. Sooo many things to see it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! Of course you should eat the strawberry shortcake! Tell us about all your fun....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh No! I Didn't Get TO See You! I Was Just TherE Today At Marcy's Booth, Looking At The Stripey Knit Dress, Thinking Of You In Yours And That I Want One Too NO Matter If I Am Years Behind In The Trend Or Not! (Got Her Red And White Knit). Hope To C U At The Expo Next Year. By The ShortCake Truck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had fun at the expo and enjoyed the shortcake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just got back to my hotel after Tula Pinks Quilter's Night Out show at SewExpo. Hysterically funny.
    You really need to spend a minimum of two days at SewExpo. Overwhelming.
    And it's nice to touch the Tiltons sister's fabrics before committing the wad.

    ReplyDelete