Friday, October 2, 2009

Vogue 1018 - Sandra Betzina Skirt (#2)



I've repeated myself! I liked this Sandra Betzina skirt so much, I made it again. This time, in a sheer plaid novelty seersucker. My thinking was that the play of the plaid over plaid (at different angles) would be interesting visually. However, once I had washed the plaid fabric, it puckered up so much that the fabric no longer seems particularly sheer, so I'm not sure you can appreciate this effect in the final skirt. Oh well.

My alterations for this skirt are the same as last time: the drape was cut so the grain was parallel to the front. The waistband was converted to elastic with a rectangular yoke. The skirt was lined with a striped sheer black fabric. (I assumed that three layers of sheer fabrics would be opaque enough. If not, well, I like my legs, so enjoy. ;)







I'm not quite done with this pattern yet. I think I need to make it again, in a solid black jersey. :)

11 comments:

  1. What a fun pattern. And I think it looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Again, yours looks better than the pattern envelope picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous!!! you know I love me some fancy skirts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabric and pattern were made for each other! Fabulous interpretation of SB's skirt - I like it even more than the solid grey on the envelope. If you ever get tired of it, send it my way :) Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your choices make this so interesting - great skirt!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific skirt! Looks like you nailed it! More please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog. Like what I see. Your skirt is way cool. I've never thought to try that pattern, but I'm thinking of looking at it again. Hmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was intrigued by this pattern and so happy to see it made up! I love it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is lovely. Great combination of pattern and fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute, cute. Love the plaid. Love the skirt. Love what you do with fabric, letting it talk to you before scaring it with just any pattern.

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love the SB skirt. You sew the coolest skirts
    Ilse

    ReplyDelete