Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holiday Luncheon, Year of a Dozen Jackets, and More!

Too much of a good thing? Nah. ;)

Hot off the presses... or what I wore to the ASG holiday lunch:

  • Santa Hat with double points. Ravelry link and blog post.
  • My latest Teagarden T. I think this is #8. This time I used Lipstick Red Ponte from FabricMart (no longer available).
  • Another skirt inspired by RTW. This one is made from a plaid cotton homespun fabric from Fabrix. I trimmed the bottom of the skirt with the beautiful selvedge and I frayed the bottom of the yoke. This fabric loves to fray, but since the design details are mostly lost in the plaid, I'm not sure it was worth the effort. :)
  • A felted balls necklace (worn quadrupled as a bracelet) in holiday colors.

Hari Scarf

I also finished another scarf. I just loved the "Stegosaurus points" on this Hari pattern. In fact, I was a bit sad when I blocked the scarf and they mostly flattened out. I followed the instructions in the pattern to bring them back, though they weren't quite as prominent as before. This superwash wool is so soft and the design is wonderfully funky. I will enjoy wearing it this winter.

Pre blocking

Post blocking

What's Next? A Year of Jackets and Coats!

For me, Christmas is over, or at least Christmas projects are over. That means it's time for some serious end-of-year projects. I am really looking forward to the week I have off between Christmas and New Years and I have lots of ideas to keep me busy.

I was very excited when Marcia, a member on Stitcher's Guild, suggested A Jacket a Month for 2011 and I jumped on the bandwagon right away. This idea was inspired by Gigi who did this very thing this last year. I started reading her blog halfway through the year and was very impressed by her goal and her constant progress towards achieving it.

The rules for this group sew-a-long are very flexible and I made sure that coats were also acceptable. I already have more than 12 coats and jackets planned. It will be interesting to see what I can get done between now and Dec 2011.

If you are interested, come join us! It's free to join SG and there are wonderfully supportive and knowledgeable folks there. It will be a lively group. :)

10 comments:

  1. Lovin that Christmas outfit! Re; the jacket sew along....I'm not sure where I would hang 12 new jackets in my closet! :) but I know I'mm going to love watching everyone's progress and great creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pointy scarf (and saw on Ravelry that you bought the yarn here in Portland, were you up here in November?)

    I'm intrigued by the year of jackets, but not sure about joining in... (have only ever made one jacket and that took months to get the shoulders right.) I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alison! No, haven't left the state. :) It was via mailorder and the folks I spoke to at the store were *great*!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scarf. Since it's a knitting pattern, I'm now trying to find one for crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scarf! I doubt that I make 12 jackets but I'm up for a few.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hat! It just makes me smile :-)

    I finally posted at SG when I read about the jacket sew-along. I practically live in jackets during the work week and loved the idea of 12 jackets in 12 months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the RTW skirt you made the holiday skirt from by Arturo Lino Completo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, I adore your Christmas outfit! It is just perfect! I might have to just steal that Christmas plaid idea for a skirt one year... The hat, too cute!
    Hmmm, since I love sew-alongs I'm tempted to join your group... sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute Xmas outfit ... the lovely ruffle on the bottom of the plaid skirt, the scarf, the hat ... I'll enjoy keeping track of the coat sewalong. I wish I needed coats... but darn it I don't. It'll be fun to watch the show. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

    NightlyGardener, I've never heard of Arturo Lino Completo, but I think I should check them out. :)

    Off to google...

    ReplyDelete