I am calling this skirt #4, though actually, it's #3 for my wardrobe, as the last one was a Christmas gift for a dear friend. I made hers out of a black wool jersey I had special ordered, which showed off the tucks very nicely. She tells me that it hangs fine, but it does tend to pick up lint.
I decided I would also like to have one of these skirts in black, so I made myself one out of a poly knit. This one is not lined. Not sure I have much else to say about this version, other than I am planing on including it in my 2010 Swap on Stitcher's Guild. It's a nice basic. :)
I finally got started on the Au Bonheurs raincoat. I needed some specialized hardware/tools that took me awhile to round up. At this point I have the pockets, sleeves, and hood all completed, but not attached. I haven't yet cut out the front/back of the coat, because I keep dithering on the size to make, and how much to modify the shoulders, which are very wide on the pattern, but I think the sleeve should sit right at the shoulder point. Hopefully I can get that decided and cut on Sunday, though I have been sewing very slowly this weekend.
It's going to rain all next week and I would like to have the coat done, but there is a lot of fiddly work left, like the two zippers, several more grommets, and the new-fangled snaps from snapsource.com I bought when Sandra Betzina came to talk. (These are her favorite snaps.) I also have to keep switching the thread/bobbin colors between red and black to accommodate the reversible fabric. I hope it will all be worth it. :)