Friday, September 16, 2011

Woah! Whatta Week.

My summary of this last week:
  • A daily commute to a clock tower, where I and a dozen others were closeted, creating three certification exams.

  • The fun of choosing clothing to wear to work, as opposed to choosing attire for sitting on the sofa and maybe walking to the post office, or the coffee shop.

  • Getting up at 6am, leaving the house at 6:45, and returning somewhere between 7 and 9:30pm.

  • Sore feet, unused to wearing the same pair of shoes for 12 hours straight. Yes, even comfortable shoes.

  • Spending $160 on gas.

  • The delight of having catered, delicious meals: breakfast, lunch, snack and, on one evening, dinner. Plus endless supplies of coffee, sodas, and OJ. (My favorite day was Indian lunch day. Mmmmmmm.)

  • The mental exhaustion of non-stop intense concentration.

  • The exciting news, on the second day, that I've gotten a promotion.

  • Not one second of sewing. Barely even thought about it.

It was fun, it was challenging, and thank goodness it is over!!! I like being with people, but am ready for some alone time!

In order to avoid traffic this afternoon, after work I checked out a mall near work and a couple boutiques. The boutiques are more interesting and much more dangerous. :)

Here it is Friday night and my feet are still up. I have no idea what I will do this weekend. I may do a certain amount of finding myself standing still, staring into space, and wondering, "what next?"

Yup, that feels about right. :)

16 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing and interesting and congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the promo! Well deserved, I'm sure. Relax and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, congratulations on the promotion! Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the promotion, Shams...it sounds like you really earned it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the promo! I hope this doesn't mean it will take more sewing time away from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your promotion. What kind of certification test did you develop? Enjoy your solitude, it's precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay (Yeah? Yeay?) for your promotion! It's obvious you are valued where you work, as well as by the sewing community (I'm assuming they aren't one and the same).

    If you want to browse the internet, here's a blog you may enjoy:
    http://urbandon.blogspot.com/
    So creative! So inspiring! Such wonderful links!

    I'll be glad when you're back to sewing, but you certainly deserve some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a very tough week. Congratulations on the promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the promo, and have a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woa, that is some week! It is wonderful to have a full-on mentally stimulating work week (once in a while, hehe! :) ) but you have deserved some me-time and a rest this weekend. And congratulations on your promotion! obviously you are as talented in your professional field as you are in your sewing hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your promotion! Sounds like a hectic week, so hopefully your weekend will be low-key and restful. Also, thank you for sharing some of what you learned at Kenneth King's workshop -- must have been insightful to hear him present his thoughts on the creative process.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your promotion!

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a challenging week. I've just noticed the pic of Vogue 8709 on your side bar - having bought this pattern recently I'll be interested in your views.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations on your promotion. I know what you mean about the intense concentration for extended periods - my work life is mostly short subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wait a minute...how did I miss this? A promotion seriously! Well congratulations my friend...I'm sure it's well deserved!

    ReplyDelete