Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Please vote!


Voting is up! Please vote for the LBD challenge!

You can read more about the dress, and its construction, here.

I also want to give a shout out to my photographer for this challenge! I usually take photos myself, with my tripod and remote. When I finished the dress, on Sunday around 5pm, I dressed up and went outside to take pics. I usually walk around the corner to a nearby easement (alley). I set the camera up and realized that the battery was dead.

The sun was starting to set, so I went to Plan B. I called a neighbor and asked if she could take some pics with my cell phone. (My former cell phone died last week and I had just upgraded to an iPhone 5c which takes pretty good photos.)

Stacy was a trooper! She quickly finished making dinner for her teenager and then she spent a lot of time and energy helping me out. Having a willing photographer who got into the process made the photo session a lot more fun!

THANKS, Stacy!

We have started on challenge #5. I won't reveal what the challenge is but I will say that for this one we have two weeks. So there will not be a reveal this coming Monday.

Have a great week!

15 comments:

  1. Your studded dress is a standout, Shams! Your creations get better and better with each challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 wks for this one. Must be a hum dinger! Good luck. I definitely think this one is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just voted. It's just incredible, Shams! Your fit is perfect and the studs are dynamite! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome! I will shamelessly knock you off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each week's creation is more awesome than the last. This dress looks perfect on you and would definitely cause some oohs and aahs if you went to the event at Fort Mason. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Done! I left a comment on the last post but it seems to have disappeared, so I'll just say it here...I LOVE this dress. You'll be the envy of every hip fashionista in SF when you go around town in this. Good luck with the voting & the next round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more I see this the more I fall in love with it. I voted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Done! I hope you win!!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sexy. Totally voted on it. What, no big reveal? I gotta wait two weeks? But.. I'm a new challenge junkie now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow! Gorgeous dress. I love everything about it and yes I've voted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been following your blog for a loooooong time (from Australia) but have never spoken up, but always love what you sew.
    When I opened your blog this morning, I wondered quickly why you had a pic of Madonna on your post!!
    This dress looks FANTASTIC on you and you look like a 20year old. Will now make myself a cuppa and enjoy reading up on your entries into this competition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One last thing. You know the voting motto in Chicago is vote and vote often. Well, I voted from my girlfriend's computer and had meant to vote from my phone and then from my computer when I got home last night, but sadly, I forgot. At least I got one vote in :)

      Delete
  13. Voting must be hard for these FabricMart judges - and getting harder! Your work is stellar and I think, fwiw, your fit has been the best every week.

    ReplyDelete